Cheltenham Town FC Tryouts & Club Guide: History, Stadium, Players, and More!
Hi, I’m Carlos! A coach, sports enthusiast, and the founder of FCScout.com.
I fell in love with the game at a very young age like many of you. I’ve been following and playing soccer for many years.
Throughout my career, I always enjoyed helping soccer players chase their dreams, which is why I started this website. I wanted to reach a larger audience outside of my local area and fcscout.com was born.
This website is a platform I will be using to update club pages on any tryouts, stadiums, players, tech, and more from clubs around the world. I also create free recruitment profiles for players looking to have that extra competitive edge when reaching out to clubs.
That’s it. That’s my pitch for you to stick around (or browse the site as you please).
This is already too much text for a “see more” drop-down button thing. If you want to reach out to me, head on over to my contact page 🙂
Cheltenham Town FC is an English professional football club based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England. The club competes in the EFL League One, the third tier of English football.
Cheltenham Town FC Youth Development System
The Cheltenham Town Academy strives to be a champion for YOUth by recruiting talented individuals, producing professional footballers, who are grounded individuals, while providing high quality facilities.
Upon the club’s promotion to the Football League for the first time in 1999 the academy has rapidly expanded to a programme of excellence from under-8s through to under-18s, going onto produce talented football professionals for the first team squad.
With over 130 registered schoolboy academy players and a squad of full-time youth scholars the Cheltenham Town Academy continues to develop and showcase some of the best young players in a financially sustainable, safe, enjoyable and positive learning environment.
Cheltenham Town FC Development Centre
“A fantastic opportunity to be part of a professional football club and represent Cheltenham Town in our full-time two year football and education programme which can open doors and provide excellent pathways and opportunities…”
What is the CTFC Development Centre For?
- To provide a platform for late developers to be able to play at the same level as players who have been given scholarships.
- To prepare players for senior men’s football at home or abroad.
- To provide an opportunity for players to represent CTFC.
- To provide a high standard of education to young aspiring footballers.
Why Become A Development Player at CTFC?
- Experienced, fully qualified, full time coaching staff who work within the academy at the club.
- Access to dedicated physio and performance analysis.
- Multiple high quality progression routes.
- Regular chances to train and play with the clubs youth and reserve team.
How do Cheltenham Town FC do this?
- The players have a choice from any subject they wish to study within the All Saints 6th Form Prospectus.
- Regular opportunities to train and play with the Youth Team.
- Fixtures in the Midland Floodlit League.
- Dedicated physio for rehab/injury prevention.
All of the education takes place at All Saints Academy in Cheltenham. For more details click HERE
- Players can choose any subjects from 6th form prospectus. This can be BTEC, A-Levels or a mixture of both.
- Education takes place during the normal school day and your timetable depends on what subjects you select.
- Anyone who hasn’t achieved at least a C grade at GCSE in Maths and English will also be required to resit these.
- Training will take place at both All Saints Academy 3G pitch and Seasons Training Ground.
- Training will be after school at 3:15pm or during the day at Seasons over pre season and half term.
- Training sessions are run by 2 full time members of staff. At least one of which will hold a UEFA A Licence.
- There will be regular opportunities for players to train and play with the youth team throughout the season.
- There will be two teams within the development squad. The ‘Elite’ group will play in the Midland Floodlit League and the ‘development’ group will play in the ECFA West Midlands Region.
- Elite squad games will generally take place on a Wednesday or Thursday evening with development squad games being on a Wednesday afternoon.
- All home ‘development squad’ ECFA fixtures will take place at The Energy Check Training Ground.
- All home ‘elite squad’ Midland Floodlit League matches will be held at Bishops Cleeve F.C. with away matches being held at similar venues throughout the region.
- Access to club physios and performance analysis staff.
- Regular performance analysis sessions.
- CTFC 1st team discounted tickets.
Cheltenham Town FC Recruitment Trials
At the time of this writing, there are no official publishings on Cheltenham Town FC trials/tryouts. Please come back at a later date while we monitor this club or stay up to date with the latest from the CTFC Academy by following their social media channels. Follow them on Twitter at @CTFCYofficial online here. You can follow on Facebook too at facebook.com/ctfcacademy online here.
EXPLORE MORE CLUBS!
Explore more professional clubs by continent.