AD Alcorcón Tryouts & Club Guide: History, Stadium, Players, and More!
Hi, I’m Carlos! A coach, sports enthusiast, and the founder of FCScout.com.
I fell in love with the game at a very young age like many of you. I’ve been following and playing soccer for many years.
Throughout my career, I always enjoyed helping soccer players chase their dreams, which is why I started this website. I wanted to reach a larger audience outside of my local area and fcscout.com was born.
This website is a platform I will be using to update club pages on any tryouts, stadiums, players, tech, and more from clubs around the world. I also create free recruitment profiles for players looking to have that extra competitive edge when reaching out to clubs.
That’s it. That’s my pitch for you to stick around (or browse the site as you please).
This is already too much text for a “see more” drop-down button thing. If you want to reach out to me, head on over to my contact page 🙂
Agrupación Deportiva Alcorcón, commonly referred to as Alcorcón, is a Spanish professional football club in Almería, Spain. The club competes in the Segunda División, the second tier of Spanish football.
AD Alcorcón Youth Development System
The Alcorcón Sports Group is pleased to announce the new program of initiatives for growth and strategic reinforcement of its International Academy “ADA Academy”.
This program, called Excellence Program 2021-2025 , covers already operational actions to reinforce the “ADA Academy” in all its dimensions, among which we highlight some:
- Work team: The human team that manages the “ADA Academy” has a group of excellent professionals who ensure a solid execution and growth of our activities, together with other club professionals.
- Communication: We have just launched a new exclusive communication channel for our “ADA Academy”, it is the Instagram account @ADAfootballacademy , in which athletes, family members, friends and fans will be able to follow the news of our Academy in different languages and formats.
- Facilities : The club continues to strengthen its facilities to provide an increasingly better service in our ADA Academy. A new multipurpose space of 300 square meters has just been inaugurated, prepared to hold training sessions, conferences, tactical and physical preparation for all the participants in the activities of the Academy. Additionally, there are ambitious growth plans in new infrastructures.
- Services: The offer of programs and services provided by the “ADA Academy” has been reinforced with new activities and collaboration models that are already underway. Alliances with suppliers have also been expanded to guarantee a comprehensive service for both individual athletes and collaborating entities.
- Agreements: The expanded offer of services has made it possible to expand the network of collaborators. We continue to work with our traditional partners and relationships have been opened with new sports entities, partners and institutions. Our range of agreements ranges from private agreements with individual athletes to alliances with large sports institutions.
- Sports development: one of the greatest advances of our ADA Academy has been a greater integration with the sports talent development structures towards the professional field. Players who started in our “ADA Academy” in recent years have grown in the club’s sports structure, reaching exposure in the reserve team, or even in the first team.
In short, the ADA Academy is growing stronger than ever and with all the means, enthusiasm and planning to offer ever more outstanding experiences and development.
For any person or entity interested in collaborating with ADA Academy, they can contact:
Email: [email protected]
AD Alcorcón Recruitment Trials
At the time of this writing, there are no official publishings on AD Alcorcón trials. Please come back at a later date while we monitor this club or click here to visit their official youth academy news page for the latest updates.
EXPLORE MORE CLUBS!
Explore more professional clubs by continent.
AD Alcorcón History
Dionisio Muz Jerez laid the groundwork for the company in 1971. On July 20 of same year, the charter establishing the club was officially signed by its members. The first nearly 30 years of Alcorcón’s existence were spent competing in divisions that were in between the fourth division and the regional leagues. On September 8, 1971, Alcorcón competed in its debut game, which was a loss to the youth team of Atlético Madrid. The score of the game was 0:2. It made its debut in the Segunda División B in the 2000–2001 season, finishing in the 12th place, and it spent the subsequent seasons embedded in the middle of the table ranks. During the 2003–2004 season, Alcolcórn, which was coached by Raul González, played in the Segunda División B and finished in 10th place.
Because Alcorcón finished in third place during the regular season of 2008–2009, the team was given the opportunity to compete in the promotion play-offs for the very first time in its existence. Following victories over Sant Andreu and Alcoyano, the club was eliminated from competition in the championship round by Real Unión of Irun with an aggregate scoreline of 3–1.
In the first leg of its encounter in the round of 32 of the Copa del Rey, which took place on October 27, 2009, Alcorcón accomplished the most memorable victory in its history by defeating Real Madrid, a powerhouse team from La Liga, by a score of 4–0 at home. In the club’s first ever official match against a team from the top flight, the club’s opponent fielded nine international players in its starting eleven. These players included Jerzy Dudek, Alvaro Arbeloa, Ral Albiol, Christoph Metzelder, Royston Drenthe, Mahamadou Diarra, Guti, Esteban Granero, Ral, Rafael van der Vaart, and Karim Benzema. In the second half, Ruud van Nis.
In the second leg, which took place on November 10 at the Santiago Bernabéu, the club was defeated by a score of 1-0; however, they prevailed over their opponents by a score of 4-1 on aggregate, and advanced to the next round of 16, where they were eliminated by Racing de Santander by a score of 2–3 on aggregate.
Following the Alcorconazo, in the 2009–10 season, Alcorcón was ultimately promoted to level two after winning the promotion play-offs against Pontevedra (3–0 on aggregate) and Ontinyent (4–3 on aggregate). The team reached the promotion play-offs twice in the second division but was ultimately unsuccessful both times, losing to Real Valladolid in the championship game of the 2012 competition and Girona in the semifinals of the 2013 competition.
After beating Espanyol in a penalty shootout in 2017, Alcorcón advanced to the quarterfinals of the Copa del Rey for the first time in their history. However, they were eliminated by Alavés by a score of two goals to zero over the course of the series. The team finished the 2017–18 season in the Segunda División in the 13th position, barely four points away from being relegated. Although the club suffered in the next season as well, it managed to finish the season in the 14th position and maintain its position in the Segunda División.
Following their loss to Cartagena on April 16, 2022, Alcorcon was demoted to the third level, putting an end to their twelve-year run in the second division.
AD Alcorcón Stadium
A football stadium known as the Estadio Municipal de Santo Domingo can be found in Alcorcón, which is located in the Community of Madrid in Spain. At the moment, it serves as the home field for AD Alcorcón. It was initially used for a match on May 19, 1999, when the municipality, which also owns and operates the stadium, celebrated the celebration of a friendly matchup with Real Madrid.